Monday, September 2, 2013

Moving in, starting over, and loving every minute of it...

So I've been pretty silent for quite a while.  I've been struggling to find my voice outside of single-dom, but I've decided not to let that stop me.

I have a lot to catch up on, but instead of trying to do that before moving on I thought I'd start from where I am! 

Tyler and I moved into a new place right before we left.  And by moved in I mean the boxes made it as far as the living room where they spent the whole summer collecting dust.  We spent the whole summer in Alaska, so there was no time to unpack before we left.  We drove the ALCAN (a subject for another post) and then have spent the last week (between school meetings and getting ready for a new school year) putting it all together.  We have been REALLY trying not to buy things that are specific to each place we live. (ie: This place needs a lamp, that place needs another bookshelf)  Its pretty hard!  But it is one way that we are trying to cinch our belts and live within our means.  And let me tell you, that is TOUGH!

Tyler all tuckered out after a long day of unpacking and working.
The place still has a lot of work that needs to be done, but its nice working side by side with the love of my life and my best bud.  Tyler and I have spent more time together in the last two months than the whole first year of our marriage, and I have got to tell you, I like it! 

Moving closer to Tyler's school so that we wouldn't spend so much time apart was a tough decision.  We liked our place, but we made the tough call last year.  Since we got here, we've spent quite a bit of time exploring, and quite frankly, we really like it!  The community is adorable, grocery stores are a walk away, several parks are near and we have taken to going on walks- something I highly recommend.

Life is good.  Our place isn't perfect, we don't have any friends over here yet, but we are hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment