Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Why I neglected my blog for over a month and other musings...

Okay so I've been gone for a while, and I have no legitimate excuse except that I have been busy.  How busy?  Well, I have been doing a lot of this...

Sorry for a picture of my foot...

And we also did this...





And while in Hawaii we did this...



I can't find a different picture that actually shows you the hike, but google Stairway to Heaven Oahu and you'll see it.  It is illegal, so you have to start at 3am in order to beat the guard that won't allow you up.  It is 3200 stairs from bottom to top, an elevation gain of almost 3,000 feet and pretty terrifying since you are right on the edge of a mountain the whole time.


It's okay, you can be jealous.

I'm not going to lie, my life is pretty amazing right now.  Tyler and I were talking last night and I thought out loud, 'You know, we have it pretty easy.'  Other than not having enough time to do everything we want and need to do, we don't really have any huge trials right now...which I know I should knock on wood about, but I want to be a grateful person, so I want to talk about it.

I feel so relieved by the life I lead.  For the longest time I had so many 'what ifs' and 'could have beens' and all sorts of worries, and the more Tyler and I are together, the more they slip away.  He helps carry the burdens of my life and makes me happy!  Or maybe he just makes it hard not to be...  Either way, it is great.

Do you have people like that in your life?  What is it about them that makes them the best partner in crime?

I am trying to get back in to the groove of life, so hopefully I can be more consistent.

But if I'm not, you should just assume I'm in Hawaii.

No comments:

Post a Comment